Prev: Re: (DS): Systems per Class Next: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

Re: (DS): Systems per Class

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:03:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: (DS): Systems per Class

So if the rule is poorly conceived or executed, why
not change or eliminate it?
--- owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
<warbeads@juno.com> wrote:
> No, it's not.  It's a reflection of the reality that
SF rules have great
> difficultly modeling all the wacky things real
armies do with their
> equipment.  And staying simple.  I left out the
smiley face 8^) so that's
> my error.  Lots of 'real world' AFVs that violate DS
2 design rules.

> And the SG 2 rules don't really reflect
LMGs/MMGs/maybe HMGs very well.
> Or some would say at all.
>
> Rules for games are at best attempts at reality but
in SF (and Fantasy)
> reality is not the point of the game.
>
> YMMV.
>
> Gracisa,
> glenn
>

> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:15:59 -0700 (PDT) Brian B
> <greywanderer987@yahoo.com> writes:
> >Thats a cop-out, especially when were talking about
> >rule that makes the SF vehicles LESS capable than
the
> >RL.
> >--- owner-gzg-l@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
> ><warbeads@juno.com> wrote:
> >> granted but it's reality, this is SF.
> >>
> >> On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:27:39 -0400 Ryan Gill
> ><rmgill@mindspring.com>
issue,
> >unless my reading
just
> >re-read the
you
> >may have one
It
> >says nothing
> >that they use

(Loader
> >Pintle), APSW (.50

(Rear

http://web.turner.com/data_center/
> >	      -

> >Center SE0813 E -
> >Operations Manager  -
> >IT@3Ndc)	 -
> >Ryan.Gill@cnn.com -

> >	      -

release!
> >	      -

> >> The best thing to hit the Internet in years -
Juno
> >SpeedBand!
> >> Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
> >> Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign
up
> >today!
> >>  Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
> >> Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign
up
> >today!
> >

> >=====
> >"In life, you must try and be the type of person
that your dog thinks
> >you are."
> >
> >- Anonymous

> >Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other
providers!