Prev: Re: "GZG-L" spam/virii? Next: Re: "GZG-L" spam/virii and Spoofed Addresses

Warning about possible problem

From: Glenn M Wilson <warbeads@j...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 02:37:53 PDT
Subject: Warning about possible problem

Please excuse the wide cross posting but I deem it necessary.

I received an e-mail recently from the following 'person'...

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:40:54 -0500 "Triphibious" <Triphibious@juno.com>
writes:

<snip>

I was surprised and concerned because this USED to be me when I had
multiple accounts (one SF, one fantasy and one historical) but I deleted
it a while ago.

Either someone has a virus that is spoofing (and an old address book
entry)	OR someone picked up the name after I deleted it form Juno.com
or
some other possibility I am unaware of.

This was SPAM (relatively innocuous SPAM but still SPAM) and it IS NOT
me.  I advise you (especially those of you who knew me as Triphibious
[or
Dwarf_warrior] 'back then') to treat any mail from Triphibious as
'suspect' unless you know who it really is from.  This time it was SPAM
next time it could be a virus.	Hopefully this is a spoof or a case of
serendipity of choosing an unused name but I feel paranoia is
appropriate
until you are sure.

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: "GZG-L" spam/virii? Next: Re: "GZG-L" spam/virii and Spoofed Addresses