Prev: Re: "GZG-L" spam/virii? Next: Warning about possible problem

Re: "GZG-L" spam/virii?

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:08:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: "GZG-L" spam/virii?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Alan and Carmel Brain wrote:

> From: "John K. Lerchey" <lerchey@andrew.cmu.edu>
>
> > For what it's worth, it's likely the new version of Beagle.AG that
came out
> > today.  Symantec (www.symantec.com) has a removal tool (in case
you're
> > gullible enough to double click and open it!) and the latest
intelligent
> > updater has virus defs, though they don't seem to work on an
actively
> > infected machine.
> >
> > Most of the ones I've seen today have a subject line of "Re:".
>
> 59 received so far today...

Not fun. I got ~75 over Thursday & Friday last week, then stopped
getting
any until the one this evening. My email provider (local community
freenet) is pretty fast about filter adjustments, happily.

This is, however, the first spam/virii I've ever gotten with a 'real'
email address - ie one I recognized - as the forged 'From' addy. That's
what prompted my original warning email... some listmember might be
hosting this thing...

Brian.
http://warbard.port5.com/games.html

Prev: Re: "GZG-L" spam/virii? Next: Warning about possible problem