Prev: Back from Blighty... Next: Re: SG-1 Bag of Dirty Tricks was: SG-1 in SG2

Re: SG-1 Bag of Dirty Tricks was: SG-1 in SG2

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 20:30:17 -0400
Subject: Re: SG-1 Bag of Dirty Tricks was: SG-1 in SG2

Ryan Gill wrote:

> At 4:50 PM +0100 7/16/04, matt tope wrote:
> >Ryan Gill wrote:
> >
> >>However, Alkesh's would be harder to deal with and need lots of
> >>Sidewinders or something more stout than a fragmentation warhead.
> >
> >Well, if they are grounded (or for that matter vs any major ground
> >target) what about a tomahawk strike? Given that appropiate launch
> >facilities are available of course.
>
> Bigger weapon true. Great variety of submunitions too.

They did have an episode where a team in place used a laser
designator to allow a missile fired from the SGC Gate Room to
home in and destroy defenses around a gate.

The problem with all the ideas so far seems to be target
acquisition, though.  Everything requires a MALP or something
to provide terminal guidance. Tomahawks or other long range
weapons probably wouldn't work.  (No GPS, no digital terrain
maps, etc.)

All that being said, I've never understood why they've never
put some sort of turret on a MALP, so teams offworld do have
access to some sort of anti-aircraft firepower... (I think
somebody already mentioned putting Stingers on a MALP, for
example.)

JGH

--
Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"The snow is coming down, on our New England town, and it's been falling

Prev: Back from Blighty... Next: Re: SG-1 Bag of Dirty Tricks was: SG-1 in SG2