Prev: RE: GZG Colours Next: RE: GZG Colours

RE: GZG Colours

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:29:55 -0600
Subject: RE: GZG Colours

I would think that they would be less likely to "show their emotions on
their sleeve (shell)" as that would defeat the purpose of the
camoflauge, but more as a visual communication system - for instance,
instead of hand signals to communicate silently between soldiers, they
simply flash a pattern of colored dots or a visual representation (i.e.
an arrow left for the unit to go left).  IIRC, some even have the
capability to be phosphorescent, so these patterns may be visible in low
or no light conditions. (For a good joke, you can paint your figures
with glow in the dark paint in various patterns, then play a "dusk game"
where after a certain number of turns you turn out the lights...)

In addition, rank or prestige might be reflected in certain patterns of
colors that a figure is allowed to display (i.e. red triangles are
reserved for the elite guards or Officers have pink and yellow bands
signifying years in service).