Prev: Re: [FT] New QAD mini Next: RE: Brigade Mech?

RE: Brigade Mech?

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:54:49 -0400
Subject: RE: Brigade Mech?

At 12:16 PM -0500 7/8/04, Bradley, Jason \(US - Minneapolis\) wrote:
>That's essentially the "Monster" from Robotech isn't it?

Variation on the theme. Originally very much larger than a ~70 ton
mechs based on my recollection of the scales of various mechs from
battle tech and the originating source Super Dimensional Fortress
Macross.

I always wanted to build a Mech for Battle Tech based on the Destroid
Monster with 3 power plants, a three man cockpit and the 4 Long Toms
and 6 ER PPCs or something suitably larger. If you look at the
Destroid Monster there are even some very large vents on the back
that would make a great argument for a massive array of heat sincs.
The cost would be enormous. Great for taking out Dropships....

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/yellowsub/ys_monster.jpg

Then there is
http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/yellowsub/ys_monstersize.jpg

That's in scale iirc from the macross mecha drawings for
pre-production. ie in scale to the Defender/Rifleman, Spartan/Archer,
Phalanx/Longbow, Tomahawk/Warhammer, Tactical Pod Glaug/Maruader
Macross/BattleTech Mechs. I figure a Monster would be somewhere in
the range of a 500 ton mech, more on the scope of an Anti-Drop Ship
craft with massive weapons.

http://brianscache.com/unseen/
-		  Data Center Operations Group		      -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		       One CNN Center SE0813 E -
- Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri	    (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)      -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	     e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com -
- Office: 404-588-6191					       -
-	      Emergency Power-off != Door release!	       -

Prev: Re: [FT] New QAD mini Next: RE: Brigade Mech?