Prev: Re: 15mm GZG Vehicles? Next: Re: Conversion Updates

Re: Conversion Updates

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:34:52 -0400
Subject: Re: Conversion Updates

At 3:57 PM -0400 7/7/04, John K Lerchey wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>I've updated some of the conversions I've been working on lately for
>my DSII OGRE forces.
>
>Jon at GZG got me some dozer blades with incredible speed so I've
>revamped the M911 ARV.  I also updated the M64 Hod Ammunition
>Carrier, and have added images of the M6 CBR track, M301 Tomahawk
>SPA, M40 Bigfoot SPA, M16-H Hover ADS, and M21 Command GEV.

Can I make a suggestion? Move the crane to a corner and fold it down
for a stowed position. Add some boxes on the top and add a
superstructure for more crew space inside (there isn't a turret
right, so they'll probably be happy for some more head room).

http://www.armouredengineer.force9.co.uk/recovery/taurus11.jpg

Note the spare power-pack stored on the rear of the vehicle.
specifically:
http://www.armouredengineer.force9.co.uk/recovery/taurus8.jpg

http://www.armouredengineer.force9.co.uk/recovery/leoarv.htm

Any box out of your bits box with a bit of paper wrapped over it and
painted OD would work as a stowed power pack. As wide as your unit
is, you might get away with two power-packs.

Chains, spare road-wheels, tool lockers and other stuff enhance the
look of an ARV. Heres a centurion ARV.
http://www.armyvehicles.dk/centurionarv.htm

Compare the Leopard based ARV to the AEV in Canadian use...
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/2_0_3_1.asp?FlashEnabled=1&uSubS
ection=3&uSection=5
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/2_0_44.asp?uSubSection=44&uSecti
on=1

Here is a M113 based AEV
http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-veh1132.htm
http://www.armouredengineer.force9.co.uk/bucket/neth806.htm

A tracked load carrier works better in this capacity as you now have
a place for kit or a work area:
http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-vehmtv2.htm

Here's the israeli M113 Fitter..
http://www.squadron.com/old/m113/m113review.htm

And an aussie:
http://www.armouredengineer.force9.co.uk/bucket/fitter.htm

And a good view of most models.
http://www.armouredengineer.force9.co.uk/
-		  Data Center Operations Group		      -
-		http://web.turner.com/data_center/	       -
- Ryan Montieth Gill		       One CNN Center SE0813 E -
- Hours 11am - 7pm Mon - Fri	    (8Sdc, 10Sdc IT@3Ndc)      -
- Cellular: 404-545-6205	     e-mail: Ryan.Gill@cnn.com -
- Office: 404-588-6191					       -
-	      Emergency Power-off != Door release!	       -

Prev: Re: 15mm GZG Vehicles? Next: Re: Conversion Updates