Prev: I got Excalibur! (B5 miniature) Next: Re: I got Excalibur! (B5 miniature)

Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 01:04:11 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Engineers Was Re: TOE

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> Excavation Equipment:
> Capacity: 8

Depends--not all excavation equipment is created
equal.	SEE trucks and the like with backhoes are
pretty small.  And there are larger vehicles that are
still nothing but excavation equipment.

> Demolition:
> Capacity: 2
> This allows a vehicle to engage in the demolition of
> targets as per the
> engineering rules in the book.
> Essentially this is to simulate a set of robotic
> arms, small RC drones, etc.
> for the placement of the charges.

Huh?  I'd have a demo gun--which would take more
capacity, but be much faster.

> Recovery
> Obviously, the rules cover the amount of capacity to
> carry a vehicle.  But
> what about that required to load a disabled
> vehicle onto the transporter, or to tow it behind?
> I'm toying with 3 x
> (vehicle class being recovered) for winch/crane gear
> and 5 x (vehicle class being recovered) to tow it
> behind.

Look at the M88--it includes a good bit more capacity
than merely towing, yet it can tow an M-1.

> Repair
> A field repair module should be a fixed capacity
> amount, probably 8.

Again, depends.  The typical mechanic vehicle is a
contact truck, which is a HMMWV, and used to be a
CUTV.

John

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Prev: I got Excalibur! (B5 miniature) Next: Re: I got Excalibur! (B5 miniature)