Prev: Re: UNSC Ship Names Next: Re: UNSC Ship Names

RE: UNSC Ship Names

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:30:01 -0600
Subject: RE: UNSC Ship Names

> > >Hermes class Diplomatic Couriers
> > Saks
> > Macy's
> > Tiffany's
> > (assumes that "Hermes" refers to the store)
> >
>    What does Hermes refer to anyways?  I doubt if it's really
> about the store.
>  It doesn't seem to me that you'd name your Couriers after
> greek gods, but
>  maybe it's just me.

Hermes was the messenger of the gods.  You could do a whole series of
messenger gods from various religons.  Although "Passenger Pigeon" has
an odd appealing ring to it...

> > >Storm class Strike Cruisers
> > Khamsim, Sirocco, similar windstorms
> >

>    I was wondering about this.  Are their enough storm
> "types" to use, or would
>  we need to use the "names" of hurricanes and typhoons instead?

Mistral, Hurricane, Cyclone, Typhoon, White Squall, Tornado, Chinook,
Abroholos, Barat, Bayamo, Bora, Boreas, Brisa, Brubu, Chubasco, Churada,
Diablo, Santa Ana, Elephanta, Euros, Foehn, Gregale, Haboob, Harmattan,
Knik, Leste, Levanto, Nashi, Ostria, Pampero, Shamal, Sharki,
Willy-Willy

Prev: Re: UNSC Ship Names Next: Re: UNSC Ship Names