Prev: RE: UNSC Ship Names Next: RE: UNSC Ship Names

Re: UNSC Ship Names

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:20:08 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: UNSC Ship Names

> >Hermes class Diplomatic Couriers
> Saks
> Macy's
> Tiffany's
> (assumes that "Hermes" refers to the store)

   What does Hermes refer to anyways?  I doubt if it's really about the
store.
 It doesn't seem to me that you'd name your Couriers after greek gods,
but
 maybe it's just me.

> >Lawkeeper class Patrol Cruisers
> Dredd

   He he.  Yeah, that will be one.  I'm thinking we need famous
sheriff's and
 the like.  Who founded Scotland Yard?	Wyatt and Virgil Earp?
Hammurabi
 perhaps?

> >Hunter class Frigates
> Nimrod "was a mighty hunter before Lord"
> Artemis
> Diana

   These are good.  I need *lot's* of frigate names.  Anyone got
non-fictional
 hunters?  I was going to use Hemmingway.  Who else is a famous big-game

 hunter?

> >Storm class Strike Cruisers
> Khamsim, Sirocco, similar windstorms

   I was wondering about this.	Are their enough storm "types" to use,
or would
 we need to use the "names" of hurricanes and typhoons instead?

  grant

Prev: RE: UNSC Ship Names Next: RE: UNSC Ship Names