Prev: Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside Next: Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside

Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside

From: John K Lerchey <lerchey@a...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:35:42 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside

Grant,

Yes, I agree with your logic, but IMHO, it makes for a sucky looking
transport. :)  They look like hover trucks, and not APCs.  If I can
manage
to put a covered box on the back, I think that I can justify the "A" in
APC.

John K. Lerchey
Computer and Network Security Coordinator
Computing Services
Carnegie Mellon University

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Grant A. Ladue wrote:

>> I went with the APCs based on the model.  It's a large hover truck.
>> need to do some modifying to add an encloser to the back (I still
can't
>> figure out why the designers made open backed APCs...), and I have a
>> limited number of them.  I agree that it causes an "all the eggs in
one
>> basket" problem, but I'm willing to live with it.
>>
>> John
>>

>   I was adapting my Ogre stuff to DS II as well, and I was thinking of
arguing
> that the open backed GEV-PC's were special designed for PA troops.  PA
troops
> could fire without modifier from the back of the APC as long as it
didn't move
> to fast, and they could dismount and move easier from the open back.
When you