Prev: RE: 404 notes was: New and Improved Website Next: Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside

Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside

From: "Grant A. Ladue" <ladue@c...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:07:21 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside

> I went with the APCs based on the model.  It's a large hover truck.  I

> need to do some modifying to add an encloser to the back (I still
can't
> figure out why the designers made open backed APCs...), and I have a
> limited number of them.  I agree that it causes an "all the eggs in
one
> basket" problem, but I'm willing to live with it.
>
> John

   I was adapting my Ogre stuff to DS II as well, and I was thinking of
arguing
 that the open backed GEV-PC's were special designed for PA troops.  PA
troops
 could fire without modifier from the back of the APC as long as it
didn't move
 to fast, and they could dismount and move easier from the open back.
When you
 think about it, the small amount of extra armor from an APC wouldn't
help PA
 that much, but it would hinder their movement.

   grant

Prev: RE: 404 notes was: New and Improved Website Next: Re: My own comments on Re: mixing technology force in Dirtside