Prev: Mixing tech in a Battalion in DS 2 Next: Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

mixing technology force in Dirtside

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:35:34 -0500
Subject: mixing technology force in Dirtside

On the gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu list (Hi guys and Beth!)  there has been
discussion on how mixed technology Battalions have advantages over
'pure'
one-weapon type forces.

possible mix (don't have access to the floppy with the Great Bear
Confederation forces on it I would normally suggest.)  It's high tech
rather then my usual low to medium tech efforts but here it goes -

Fusion powered GRAV or FGEV vehicles

4 vehicles to a platoon, 3 Platoons to a Company, 3 Companies to a
Battalion:

Light Mechanized Reconnaissance Company
Recon Platoon: Size  2; one FT, GMS/L, PDS/Sup, Superior  ECM
Scout Platoon:	Size 1; one FT, a second APSW, Superior ECM
LAT(R) Platoon: Size 2; MDC-2, GMS/H, Superior ECM

Mechanized Infantry Company
MICV Platoon: Size 3; FT x 2, GMS/L, PDS/Enhanced, LAD, Enhanced ECM
APC Platoon: Size 3; FT x 2, MDC-1, PDS/Basic, LAD, Superior ECM
Assault Rocket Support Platoon: Size 4; SLAM-5, PDS/Enhanced, LAD,
Enhanced ECM

Armored Company
LAFV Platoon: Size 3, MDC-3, PDS/Superior, LAD, Enhanced ECM
AFV Platoons: Size 3, MDC-4, PDS/Enhanced, Superior ECM
AFV Platoons: Size 3, MDC-4, PDS/Enhanced, Superior ECM

Company HQ unit (3 of them - one per Company)
HQ: Size 3, HQ modules (8 cap points), PDS/Superior, LAD, second APSW
(since HQ module is not a weapon), Superior ECM
ADS: Size 3, ADS/Enhanced, Enhanced CM
Mortar section:
2 x
Mortar carrier: Size 2, spare Ammo counter, BAsic ECM

Battalion Assets:

Assault Gun Platoon:
Size 4; DFFG-5, PDS/Enhanced, LAD, Superior ECM

Battalion HQ Command:
HQ; same as Company HQ vehicle
Guard Tank; Size 4, MDC-5, PDS/Enhanced, LAD
VTOL (A): Size 2; HEL-3 (Fixed for 6 cap points) and GMS/H
ADS: SIze 4; ADS/Superior
HAPC: Size 4; FT x 3, PDS/Superior, LAD, GMS/L, Enhanced ECM

attached Aero:
2 x Strike AC: Size 2; HEL-3 and DFO x 1

Attached Arty:

3 x SPG: Size 4; Medium Artillery, Extra Ammo load x 2, Superior ECM
CBR Unit: Size 4; CBR Radar, PDS/Superior, LAD, Superior ECM

Gracias,
Glenn

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Mixing tech in a Battalion in DS 2 Next: Re: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.