Prev: Re: [DS] Stargate Next: Fwd: Re: [DS] Stargate

Re: [DS] Stargate

From: "A J Martin" <AJMartin@o...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:56:28 +1200
Subject: Re: [DS] Stargate

> The P-90 fires a 5.56mm round...

Not quite. It's 5.7x28mm SS190. See:

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg13-e.htm

And FN site:
http://www.fnherstal.com/html/Index.htm

--
Andrew J Martin
ICQ: 26227169
http://www.rebol.it/Valley/
http://valley.orcon.net.nz/
http://Valley.150m.com/
-><-

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Popeyesays@aol.com
  To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu
  Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 10:42 AM

  In a message dated 6/6/2004 2:20:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jhan@warpfish.com writes:
    And in any event, I was just quoting Col MacGyver, not expressing
    my own personal opinion.  Though, compared to Staff weapons in
    CQB, the P90 IS a weapon of war.  Besides, it makes sense from a
    weight perspective.  The P90 weighs a pound lighter fully loaded
    with 20 extra rounds, and is smaller, which, if you're on an
    exploration team, is probably more critical than sheer firepower.
    (Firepower is what the SGC Marine assault teams are for.  (8-) )
    Besides, I thought the smaller round actually penetrated armour
    better -- at least, from the open sources I've seen.

    JGH
  The P-90 fires a 5.56mm round just the same as the M-16 and the newer
M-4 carbine. The MP-5 they use to tote on Stargate fires a 9mm round,
which is a pistol pullet the same as the M-9 Beretta pistol in standard
use in the army fires. The penetration and energy provided by the
assault rifle 5.56mm cartridge dwards that of the 9mm pistol round.

  Scott

Prev: Re: [DS] Stargate Next: Fwd: Re: [DS] Stargate