Prev: RE: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc. Next: RE: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

Re: [DS] Stargate

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 10:18:23 +0100
Subject: Re: [DS] Stargate

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 12:28:25AM -0400, Jerry Han wrote:

>Ahhh, the infamous "why can't they hit the broadside of a barn with a
>staff weapon?"  (8-)  (There was an episode where they actually
>addressed that, and basically called the staff weapon a weapon of
>terror, while the P90 was a weapon of war.  It was a great scene.
>5th season I think, when SG-1 was training the renegade Ja'fa).

5.18 "The Warrior". (No, really, I have to have this stuff available
because I'm running a PBEM game in that setting.)

>> Ja'far troops:  Veteran (Too poor of shots to merit elite, too
disciplined to merit green) regulars, each platoon consists of 8
elements: 1 APSW, 1 LADS, 6 assault.
>> Anubis-headed troops: Veteran PA, 4 stands, all rifle elements
>I would actually have them as non-PA troops -- the armour (at least,
>as demonstrated on the show) is about equal to ballastic weapons for
>both helmeted and unhelmeted guards, but both appear equally useless
>against staff weapons or Zat guns.  As well, there's no indication
>that the armour gives any sort of strength amplification.

Agreed. My PA version is definitely non-canon.

>Somebody already mentioned the Al'kesh bomber.  Jaffa don't
>have any ground vehicles that we've seen on the show (up to
>the end of Season 6, Season 7 hasn't aired in Canada yet, the
>buggers.)

Still no ground vehicles to the end of S7, at least that I recall.
They don't generally have to go very far from a gate or mothership,
which may be a factor.

>They do have ground emplacement weapons, the
>equivalent of those small anti-tank guns, but I don't think
>anybody's ever seen if they were mobile or not.

In 1.19 "There but for the Grace of God", we saw a tripod-mounted heavy
staff weapon being moved into the corridors of the SGC to blow down a
blast door... that looked about the same size as the "gun pit" versions
in 4.03 "Upgrades", so I think you could count this as a portable heavy
support weapon.

Roger

Prev: RE: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc. Next: RE: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.