Prev: Re: [DS] Stargate Next: RE: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.

Re: [DS] Stargate

From: Jerry Han <jhan@w...>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 00:28:25 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS] Stargate

> ---------- Brian B Dirtisde Query ----------------------------------
>
> "I ran across some Babylon 5 Wars fighter figures -- Centauri
fighters, I believe.  They have downswept wings that look like a
crescent moon from above, a sharply tapered cockpit/fuselage, and a very
wide flat tail.  They look a lot like a falcon or hawk, and I've decided
to use them as the basis for a 6mm "Stargate" force -- a la both the
original movie and the SG-1 show.  My aim is to make them reflect the
show, and as such, my force composition will intentionally have the
flaws that the forces in the show have -- namely poor range, a lack of
weapon diversity, etc.

Ahhh, the infamous "why can't they hit the broadside of a barn with a
staff weapon?"	(8-)  (There was an episode where they actually
addressed that, and basically called the staff weapon a weapon of
terror, while the P90 was a weapon of war.  It was a great scene.
5th season I think, when SG-1 was training the renegade Ja'fa).

> Ja'far troops:  Veteran (Too poor of shots to merit elite, too
disciplined to merit green) regulars, each platoon consists of 8
elements: 1 APSW, 1 LADS, 6 assault.
> Anubis-headed troops: Veteran PA, 4 stands, all rifle elements

I would actually have them as non-PA troops -- the armour (at least,
as demonstrated on the show) is about equal to ballastic weapons for
both helmeted and unhelmeted guards, but both appear equally useless
against staff weapons or Zat guns.  As well, there's no indication
that the armour gives any sort of strength amplification.

> Horus fighter: Class 3 fighter, armor 1, stealth 2, 2xDFFG 3
>
> I've never seen any other combat vehicles in the show, so if anyone
has seen anything I'm missing, I'm open to suggestions

Somebody already mentioned the Al'kesh bomber.	Jaffa don't
have any ground vehicles that we've seen on the show (up to
the end of Season 6, Season 7 hasn't aired in Canada yet, the
buggers.)   They do have ground emplacement weapons, the
equivalent of those small anti-tank guns, but I don't think
anybody's ever seen if they were mobile or not.

If you can find a copy to thumb through, the Stargate SG-1 RPG
might provide some good ideas.

  http://www.stargatesg1rpg.com/products.html

JGH

--
Jerry Han - jhan@warpfish.com - http://www.warpfish.com/jhan - TBFTGOGGI
"The snow is coming down, on our New England town, and it's been falling

Prev: Re: [DS] Stargate Next: RE: 15mm FCT/Kwa'Zulu pics - Saeed Khalifate, etc.