Prev: Re: [OT] Payment Internationally Next: Transatlantic money (was Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted)

Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:21:24 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted

Dean Gundberg wrote:

>>***
>>Any bank should be able to issue you with a cheque made out in GBP,
>>with a UK clearing bank address on it; this is fine for us. Or, you
>>can always buy UK currency (as notes) from the bank and send it by
>>registered mail.
>>***
>>
>>In the case of the former, it's a pretty heavy surcharge;
>>

>When I ordered from Brigade a few years ago (pre-Paypal) I had to get a
>cheque in GBP, and the surcharge alone was $45, before the actual
amount I
>wanted to send was included.  This was at a major bank chain in a small
>metropolitan area.

Ouch !

We ask for sterling cheques because we attract rather painful charges
this end in cashing them - I know we ended up doing one small order from

the states effectively for nothing because the charges on the cheque
exceeded its value ! Now unfortunately we will simply return any order
that comes with a cheque in anything other than sterling because it's
not economical for us to cash it.

Tony

Prev: Re: [OT] Payment Internationally Next: Transatlantic money (was Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted)