Prev: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: RE: [OT] Payment Internationally

Re: [OT] Payment Internationally

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:55:12 +1000
Subject: Re: [OT] Payment Internationally

From: "Ground Zero Games" <jon@gzg.com>

> Any bank should be able to issue you with a cheque made out in GBP,
> with a UK clearing bank address on it; this is fine for us. Or, you
> can always buy UK currency (as notes) from the bank and send it by
> registered mail.
>
> Jon (GZG)

Jon, setting up to be paid by PayPal is easy - though you may wish to
add a 3% surcharge.

My Blog's TipJar at http://aebrain.blogspot.com is set up to accept
credit cards via PayPal, it's neither difficult nor particularly
costly.

Yes, US banks (some of them) *can* do what you suggested. Last time
someone tried to send me a US cheque for Aussie Dollars, the transaction
fees quoted were about $50 at their end and $15 at mine. This was
greater than the amount they wanted to send.

Prev: Re: [OT] eBay Yet More - FSE & Painted Next: RE: [OT] Payment Internationally