Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Heads-up on GZG Special Offer! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Heads-up on GZG Special Offer!

Re: Painting tips

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 21:08:47 -0700
Subject: Re: Painting tips

John C wrote:

> These days I don't use paint washes; inks and stains only for me.
> Better color at the kind of consistency that you want a wash to have.

> Reaper and Vallejo have some nice colors, and -- while I hate their
> paint bottles with a passion -- I absolutely love Games Workshop's
> premixed "Flesh Wash".  And, in fact, I'm still using some of the
> *old* GW inks that I purchased a good 10 years ago now.  Good value in

> those days, but not much now.

You really want to spring for proper acrylic inks. Any art supply shop
should have an excellent selection of colors. You get Really Good color
in a well-made ink. The bottles are designed for people who do this for
a living, not by packaging design "experts". Best of all, the prices
usually work out to a lot less then game companies sell them for. Now,
artists acrylics can get very expensive even compared to the most
expensive gaming paints. But Games Workshop won't sell me a Cadmium
Yellow with actual Cadmium in it.

--
We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade
and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are

http://www.cs.umb.edu/jfklibrary/j091262.htm

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Heads-up on GZG Special Offer! Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Heads-up on GZG Special Offer!