Prev: RE: Painting tips Next: [OFFICIAL] Heads-up on GZG Special Offer!

RE: Painting tips

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 14:41:06 +0000
Subject: RE: Painting tips

> >I've taken to doing something similar with line troops, but I use a
>mixture
> >of water, brown ink, and Future acrylic floor wax.  Works well, and
it's

> >lot less trouble than using a stain.
>
>Futura (though I assume any acrylic wax will do) is the 'secret' of
Magic
>Wash, right?

That's the stuff.  I use a mixture of about 3 parts water to 2 parts
Future,
mixed with the appropriate amount of ink.  The only pre-made washed that
have right now are black and brown, and I mix others as needed.

Fantastic stuff.  I've had really great results by makig a magic wash
out of
Vallejo's "Smoke" ink; instant weathering.

John Crimmins

Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with
MSN
Premium!
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/mlb&pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200439ave/
direct/01/

Prev: RE: Painting tips Next: [OFFICIAL] Heads-up on GZG Special Offer!