Prev: Figther Thought Questions Next: Re: FTJava V0.13 released

Re: Figther Thought Questions

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:12:12 +0100
Subject: Re: Figther Thought Questions

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 08:07:59AM -0700, Jeff McConnell wrote:

>I have been trying to keep up with all the discussion
>regarding fighters. I have also read the beta fighter
>rules (although I should reread them) and I cannot
>understand why such a complex system is required to
>fix the game imbalance problem.

The short version: we've tried most of the simpler options, and they
don't work. Remember we want to keep the FB1 designs reasonably
survivable, at least in cinematic play.

The flip side: they're really not all that complex once you actually
play them. They're written up to be excruciatingly clear, and there's a
fair bit of repeated material for this reason, but in actual play
they're as fast as or faster than the standard rules.

Roger

Prev: Figther Thought Questions Next: Re: FTJava V0.13 released