Prev: Re: FTJava V0.13 released Next: Re: Figther Thought Questions

Figther Thought Questions

From: Jeff McConnell <mcconje@s...>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 08:07:59 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Figther Thought Questions

Hello,
I have been trying to keep up with all the discussion
regarding fighters. I have also read the beta fighter
rules (although I should reread them) and I cannot
understand why such a complex system is required to
fix the game imbalance problem. From the games I have
played the major issue is how quickly a fighter can
engage its target and the lack of options the ship has
prior to the figthers attacking. So I was thinking of
reducing the movement from 24mu to 18mu for all
non-fast fighters and reduce the CEF burn to 6mu. Next
modify the ADFC rules so that an ADFC system will
allow a PDS and/or class 1 beams to fire at
nonengaging fighters up 18mu away.  Lastly reduce the
range at which a fighter squadron can attack a ship
from 6mu to 3mu.

These changes would accomplish 2 things: 1 it would
allow opposing ships to gain more ground toward
carrier and potentially destory it; 2 it would put the
fighters at greater risk by extending their flight
time and the amount of time they could be shot down.

Just the ramblings of a guy who likes his carriers
Jeff

Prev: Re: FTJava V0.13 released Next: Re: Figther Thought Questions