Prev: Re: Some people's missiles.... Next: Re: FTJava V0.13 released

Re: FTJava V0.13 released

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:07:17 +0200
Subject: Re: FTJava V0.13 released

Jon Davis wrote:

>FTJava V0.13 client is now available for download.
>
>New features include:
>
>     * UNSC ships and icons, including antimatter torpedos and grasers.
>	(Icons designed by Ray Forsythe)

Problems:

* UNSC Hermes-class Courier (not "Corvette"):
    - Hull should be 2 boxes, not 1
    - Armament should be 1 B1-6, not 2
    - The 1-mass VIP quarters are missing, though compared to the above
this is a minor nitpick <g>

* UNSC Sol-class SDN:
    - Cargo holds should be 3x 4-Mass holds (one per row of hull boxes),

not 4x 3-Mass holds

* UNSC Phobos-class CVE:
    - Not one of the "official beta-test" UNSC designs
    - FTJava stats claim to be TMF 106/NPV 358; actual mass and cost is
TMF
112/NPV 425 (which the program correctly calculates if you hit the
"Auto"
button)

* UNSC Star-class CVL:
    - Should be TMF 152/NPV 565; FTJava stats claim to be TMF 179/NPV
673,
but are in fact TMF 180/NPV 684
    - Anti-ship armament should be 1xPT-3 + 2x B2-3 + 2x B1-6; SSD shows
2x
PT-3 + 4x G1-6 + 2x B2-3 + 2x B1-6
    - Hull integrity should be 45 (3x 15); SSD shows 41 (14+14+13)

* UNSC Constellation-class CVH:
    - Should be TMF 269/NPV 997; FTJava stats claim to be TMF 255/NPV
954,
but are in fact TMF 256/NPV 965
    - Anti-ship armament should be 2xPT-3 + 2x B2-3 + 2x B1-6; SSD shows
an
additional 4x G1-6
    - Hull integrity should be 45 (3x 15); SSD shows 41 (14+14+13)
    - There should only be 5 PDSs, not the 6 shown on the SSD

* UNSC Visionary:
    - SSD shows four 3-Mass cargo holds; there should should be three
4-Mass holds (one per row of hull boxes).
    - The cargo holds shown are off-centre, putting one of them
completely
outside the SSD and another only half-shown (fortunately all four of
them
can be drag-and-dropped as a single unit)
    - The armament should be 2x B2-3 + 2x B1-6; the armament shown on
the
SSD is 1x G2-1 (F) + 4x B1-6
    - The main drive rating should be 3, not 4
    - The small craft bay and long-range sensors (3x4-Mass "cargo
holds")
seem to be missing completely (though that's not very surprising
considering that small craft aren't fully implemented yet)

>    * Imperial Japanese ships and icons, designed by Vince Johnston.

Not very similar to what the IJN beta-test ships are likely to look like

(hi Roger!), but aside from that they look nice :-)

****************************
Other (older) ships which still seem to have problems with the ship
editor:

Estrell:
- Minotaur-class BB: FCSs are trying to hide in the upper left corner of

the SSD
- Phalanx-class CA: FCSs are trying to hide in the upper left corner of
the SSD
- Rhino-class CA: FCSs are trying to hide in the upper left corner of
the SSD
- Scorpion-class CA: FCSs are trying to hide in the upper left corner of

the SSD
- Taurus-class CA: FCSs are trying to hide in the upper left corner of
the SSD
- Wyvern-class CA: FCSs are trying to hide in the upper left corner of
the SSD

Eurasian:
- ALL systems except Core and Engines trying to hide in the upper left
corner of the SSD on ALL Eurasian ships

IDF:
- Resolute-class BDN, Thor-class BB, Jutland-class BC: P-torps partially

extending outside the SSD (and should those SMPs really be facing the
(A)
arc...?)
- Mahan-class SDN: As above, and the B4 and one PDS are also partially
extending outside of the SSD
- Gibraltor (sic) -class ST: P-torps extending outside the SSD (no SMPs
on
this one though <g>)

Kali:
- Camel-class troop transport: FCSs, cargo holds and troop quarters
hiding
in the upper left corner
- Valiant-class BB, Scimitar-class CH, Desert Wind-class CL: P-torps
extending outside the SSD (FCSs and screen OK though)
- Oasis-class BC: One P-torp extending outside the SSD, FCSs and screen
hiding, and two beam batteries (B1-6 and B2-6) are overlapping

Kra'Vak:
- ALL systems except Core and Engines trying to hide on ALL Kra'Vak
ships.
(BTW, any particular reason why the KV are in the "Full Thrust"
directory
rather than the "FB2" directory?)

New Anglian:
- ALL systems except Core and Engines trying to hide on all NA ships
except
the Lafayette-class CL (which seems to be entirely OK).

Pan-African Union:
- Entebee-class *BCs*: FCSs are trying to hide in the upper left corner
of
the SSD (the Entebee-class *BBs* are OK though)
- Ghanzi/T-class CH: I'm pretty certain that this ship shouldn't have 4x

2-Mass cargo holds :-/

Rahni:
- Lance-class DN, Greataxe-class BB, Longsword-class CL: P-torps
partially
extending outside the SSDs
- Halbard-class SDN: All P-torps plus one each of B3, B2 and B1
partially
extending outside the SSD
- Battleaxe-class BC, Greatsword-class CA, : P-torps partially extending

outside the SSDs, two beam batteries overlapping each other

Entomalian:
- ALL systems except Core and Engines trying to hide on ALL Entomalian
ships.

Terran:
- ALL systems except Core and Engines trying to hide on ALL Terran
ships.

Star Trek Federation:
- Kobayashi Can-Do: FCSs trying to hide
- Terrorist Asteroid: ALL systems except Core and Engines trying to hide

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Some people's missiles.... Next: Re: FTJava V0.13 released