Prev: RE: [SG, figs] vehicle resin putty question Next: Jon, Dom, et. al. - What worked, what didn't was Re: DSII free pdf!!! - the stampede

Re: Questions concerning beta test Fighter rules

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 06:55:28 +0200
Subject: Re: Questions concerning beta test Fighter rules

Leslie Karlik:

>a) If I have an escorting Fighter group, and the escorted group decides
>take a secondary move, does the escorting group have to pay 1 CEF, too?

If the escorting group has to make a secondary move in order to stay in
base-to-base contact with the group it is escorting, it has to pay CEF.
In
some cases it is possible for the escorting group to stay in
base-to-base
contact with the escorted group without actually moving - ie. when the
escorting group makes a short secondary move from one side of the escort
the other; not very common, but it does happen.

>and having more escorts to one group should be possible

As long as you can track which group is escorted and which ones aren't,
sure.

>b) Is fighter weapon range reduced to 3" in vector movement?

No.

>Or is it still 6" for both cases?

Yes.

>c) Since those rules make refuelling more important, when are fighters
>refueled and re-armed?

As specified on FB2 p.4, section "Fighter re-arming".

(FWIW using DCPs to re-fuel fighters would mean that specialized
carriers
generally have a WORSE turn-around time than dreadnoughts, since the
dreadnoughts typically have more DCPs available per fighter group.)

>d) I assume fighters are recovered in the "launch fighters and ordnance

>phase"?

At the end of SHIP movement as specified in the fighter recovery rules
on
FT2 p.16.

Regards,

Oerjan