Prev: Re: Vector movement fighters Next: Vector movement fighters

Re: Vector movement fighters

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 18:25:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Vector movement fighters

> Why? I have played with big fleets, and I prefer not to play with
fighters at all.

Concur.  Just swap out a fighter bay for other weapons.

>But if you do that, you end up with vector missiles. You can't defend
against very fast vector missiles

You can defend against the missiles, you just can't kill the
missile-launching ships. "I approach at high speed; while still out of
beam range, I launch a vast number of missiles; then I FTL away as my
missiles coast the rest of the way home."  Brief, yet dull.

Vector fighters are not a problem as long as you watch your
accumulated velocity.  It's easy to get them going faster than you
intended and have them end up off the table and out of the room.

Prev: Re: Vector movement fighters Next: Vector movement fighters