Prev: Re: FT---boom-and-zoom tactics Next: Re: [SGII] Alien seed

Re: [SGII] Alien seed

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:58:22 -0800
Subject: Re: [SGII] Alien seed

"Armor" is kind of "Starship Troopers" but with psychological insights
instead of political ones.

agoodall@att.net wrote:

>Alan wrote:
>

>>"Armour"?
>>

>"Armor". It's a book by John Steakley. The armour in question (spelled
"Armor" because he's an American author) is a set of scout armour,
basically a form of fast power armour. The novel starts with a single
character dropped on an alien world to fight "ants". They look vaguely
like ants (though they aren't insectoid, if I remember correctly),
operate with a hive mind, and overwhelm their enemies with numbers. The
novel then changes point of view and takes you to an entirely different
location in the same universe, but the "armour" shows up again.

>It's an interesting book, though it would require some work to convert
it to SG2. The only other book of his that I know of is _Vampire$_,
which was made into a movie by John Carpenter (and inspired a sequel).

--
We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade
and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are

http://www.cs.umb.edu/jfklibrary/j091262.htm

Prev: Re: FT---boom-and-zoom tactics Next: Re: [SGII] Alien seed