Prev: Re: FT fire arcs Next: Re: Graser beam observations

Re: Graser beam observations

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:29:41 -0000
Subject: Re: Graser beam observations

Jared Hilal wrote:

>Yeah, I have worked out the statistical average numbers myself.
>However, I am not talking about theoretical averages, but rather about
>our empirical results acquired  repeatedly and consistently over many
>games.

Strangely enough, in our group the opposite is true. On the whole the
guys
found pulse torps more effective than beams. So much so that for a
couple of
years no design used a beam larger than class2, and no-one used screens.
Fortunately that has all changed over the last year or so but Pulse
torps
are still the weapon of choice amongst my colleagues.  I would have to
say
the results from our battles match the stats quoted by Oerjan and
everyone
else. However, if that doesn't tally with your observations then fair
enough.

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: FT fire arcs Next: Re: Graser beam observations