Prev: Re: Stealth and Fighters Next: Re: Stealth and Fighters

Re: Stealth and Fighters

From: Dom Mooney <cybergoths@d...>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 22:38:24 +0000
Subject: Re: Stealth and Fighters

On Monday, Mar 15, 2004, at 12:56 Europe/London, Mark A. Siefert wrote:

> As for the issue of stealth, Power Projection Fleet uses the same
> rational
> in their discussions of the nature of space combat.

Yup. Both of us heavily influenced by Bruce Macintosh.

> I've talked to Ken Burnside in the past, and I wouldn't say that AV is

> an
> "attack" on Full Thrust as it is a more detailed way of handling
> things.  At
> last year's RockCon, we discussed ideas on how to make FT's vector
> system
> more in line with the issue of displacement, and his answer was
simple:
> Only allow the ship to move half it's final velocity on any turn where

> it
> uses thrust.

I've also discussed this with Ken and have a set of notes that may go
on PowerProjection.net as an optional rule.

Cheers,

Dom

-----------Dom Mooney---------cybergoths_at_dsl.pipex.com----------
"We tell the tales of heroes to remind ourselves that we too
can be great" - John Wick, 7th Sea
http://www.cybergoths.u-net.com   http://www.bits.org.uk/

Prev: Re: Stealth and Fighters Next: Re: Stealth and Fighters