Prev: Re: Concept: mass and mass Next: Re: UNSC beta and FB3

RE: Concept: mass and mass

From: "Richard Kirke" <richardkirke@h...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 23:21:14 +0000
Subject: RE: Concept: mass and mass

>      I have been trying to measure the mass (in grams)
>of the GZG ships. (Using my wifes (food scale.)
>Naturally the lack of all of the GZG ships is a
>problem
>as well as the basic lack of accuracy of the scale
>when dealing with less the 10 grams.	End of gripes.
>      The desired end was to wse the actual mass of the
>ship to determime the mass of the FTFB ship.

Out of interest, how well has that followed with the fleet book's set
designs? I sort of assume that St John has not been using this when
designing them.

>The
>problem occured when the smaller ships were not
>sufficenty massive to provide a measurable difference
>on the scale (in grams).   I frequently had to use
>5 to 10 ships	to provide a basis for a speculative
>measurement.	In any case, a scentific sca;e with
>proper calibration would be an improvement in the
>rough values obtained by the food scale.

Actually, that is probably a much better statistical technique than
measing
individuals using a highly accurate balance, on the grounds that there
are a
great many uncontrolable variables, such as the thicknes of paint etc.

Just my 2 cents...

Richard

Prev: Re: Concept: mass and mass Next: Re: UNSC beta and FB3