Prev: Re: Grasers was Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: Re: Missiles was Re: UNSC beta and FB3

Re: [SG2] Bugs Don't Surf: Phalons - Public Beta Test

From: Mark Donald <mark.donald@f...>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:59:03 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG2] Bugs Don't Surf: Phalons - Public Beta Test

Laserlight wrote:

> > --- Mark Donald <mark.donald@futurenet.co.uk> wrote:
> >>Have you considered forcing all Pulsars to expend an
> >>action to change modes?
> <snip>
> >> the decision of
> >>"Do I burn an action trying to change to a better
> >> firing mode
>
> John Leary wrote:
> > Will you enlighten me as to what 'burn an action'
> > means in your house rules?
>
> "Use an action".  The choice is, do you use an action to change your
> weapon setting, or do you go ahead and shoot with what you've got (and
> presumably use your other action to go IP, or move, or call artillery,
> or whatever).

That's right. "Burn an action" is just a turn of phrase to indicate that
actions used in this way aren't viewed as positively as more direct
action like firing. Once the enemy is engaged, many of my group's
players
find it hard to do anything other than fire. Using actions for
longer-term objectives like enhancing your position or upgrading your
weapon setting or calling in fire missions are viewed as an article of
faith. You've got to believe you can risk taking the heat off the enemy
and that, if you do so, you'll still be around to enjoy the
consequences.

Mark

are addressed. If you have received this email in error please reply to
this email and then delete it. Please note that any views or opinions
necessarily represent those of Future.

The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. Future accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.

Future may regularly and randomly monitor outgoing and incoming emails
and other telecommunications on its email and telecommunications
systems. By replying to this email you give your consent to such
monitoring.

Prev: Re: Grasers was Re: UNSC beta and FB3 Next: Re: Missiles was Re: UNSC beta and FB3