Prev: Re: [FT] Test List BETA of Fighter Revisions (LONG) Next: California/Texas secession

Re: [OT] Dirty ol' men Re: The ECC VII Quote Board

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 14:18:11 +0000
Subject: Re: [OT] Dirty ol' men Re: The ECC VII Quote Board

Karl Heinz wrote:

> Guesss this depends on what media you were looking at. I have seen
several
> comments here, mostly amused ones. Amused about the event itself, but
even
> more amused about the public reaction in the US. If something similar
> happened here, it would be a one-liner in the serious media. Tabloids
still
> would have their feeding frenzy, of course.

Remember, it's a presidential election year down here. Some people at
work made mention of the Janet Jackson thing the morning after the Super
Bowl, but most people think the reaction to it was overblown. My friend
Michael, in Canada, is livid with the head of the FCC going nuts over
Janet Jackson while he won't do anything meaningful to stop spam (much
of which is _far_ worse). Others have pointed out the hypocrisy of being
upset about the Super Bowl halftime show (sex? at a sporting event?
horror!) the same week that Sports Illustrated's annual swimsuit issue
is released.

ObGZG: Hmm... having trouble thinking of any, other than perhaps
Neo-puritanism is what gets California and Texas to split from the NAC
(though I can't honestly understand why those two states would merge, as
culturally they seem polar opposites...).

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Test List BETA of Fighter Revisions (LONG) Next: California/Texas secession