Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: ECC 7 pics

RE: Fighters and Hangers

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 22:21:07 +0100
Subject: RE: Fighters and Hangers

Jared Hilal wrote:

>As far as I can tell, the FB changes to fighters only affected
>movement/endurance and added rules for screening capital ships (adopted

>from EFSB) and intercepting missiles (to go with the new SM systems).
The
>rules for fighter attacks, both against ships and against other
fighters
>(both long range and dogfights) were unchanged except for the addition
of
>rerolls and the allowance for split fire in dogfights.

You missed some fairly important changes:

Fighter attacks against ships were changed by being moved from the
ships'
fire phase (fighters used to attack immediately after their target ship
had
fired, or after all ships had fired if their target didn't fire any
weapons) to a separate phase in front of it, and of course they were
also
affected by the changes to the point defence fire rules.

Similarly allowing split fire wasn't the only change to the
fighter-vs-fighter combats; furballs also changed from simultaneous fire
the groups firing in initiative order, and in addition ranged
fighter-vs-fighter fire was moved from after fighter-vs-ship attacks to
before them.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Fighters and Hangers Next: ECC 7 pics