Prev: RE: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: graser: the uber weapon

[OT] Fleets-SG1 Re: Any not-Aliens out there in 25/28mm?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:25:34 -0600
Subject: [OT] Fleets-SG1 Re: Any not-Aliens out there in 25/28mm?

I've just seen the inside of the Fleets board game that has the Stargate
SG-1 franchise. I've been interested in the Fleets game for a number of
simple, but usable plastic ships, but thought the single design limited.
However, for $25US,  the small metric b**tload of pieces seemed about
right.

However, for about $10US more, you can get three kinds of ships, based
on
show designs, in hard plastic, and three kinds of gropos, in soft
plastic,
that include Asgardians (look out you greys lovers), Gho'ul, and humans,
each in two colors to accommodate six players. I'm not sure of scale,
but
they seem somewhere between 15mm and 25mm, for the gropos.

For those wanting large groups, this may be a way to go. Take a look at
someone else's copy before jumping in, of course.

By the way, I hear that the SG1-specific rules add to the game, too. I
had
fun playing, but didn't think it bore a lot of replay. I did think
there's
a campaign system somewhere in there...

The_Beast

Prev: RE: Fighters and Hangers Next: Re: graser: the uber weapon