Prev: Re: DS II Question Next: graser: the uber weapon

The ECC VII Quote Board

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 08:06:55 -0500
Subject: The ECC VII Quote Board

Now that ECC VII is over, it is time to finally post the (in)famous
Quote Board quotes! While not as many quotes as in the past (many
people were either too caught up in games to break away to write
what they heard, or didn't want to leave their games for fear of
missing more good lines that wouldn't get recorded), there are some
very good ones in here. No doubt some will surface from people's
memory while reading these. Also, the game/scenario/circumstances
that the quote was said in will be noted in square brackets or
parentheses (or both ;-) if it was noted with the quote (or I knew
of the situation/game in question ;-).

So, without further ramblings, enjoy!

-
		The GZG ECC VII Quote Board
FRIDAY, Feb 27:
---------------
[at the registration table]
Bob Yeager: "Do you guys have a color printer?" (upon learning he didn't
need to have FTL drives in his SSDs for the bring-your-own-fleet game)

Aaron Neuman: "How many languages is it published in?" (referring to
the one-of-a-kind Polish copy of Full Thrust Jon T brought with him)
Jon Tuffley: "English and Polish...I'm thinking of doing an American
edition."
(said copy was later auctioned off, with the proceeds going back into
the con funds)

Tony Finan: "Nothing burns like a chicken."
John Lerchey: "Especially after you launch them."

[War of the Worlds game]
Indy: "What do you have exposed to his [the Martians] units?"
David Raynes: "Errr....these two."
Indy: "Pick which one that you want to save..."

[War of the Worlds]
David Raynes: "That's my favorite tactic: recon by Green!"

[P.O.D. Racing]
Mike Hudak: "I'm losing control here rapidly."

[War of the Worlds]
Indy: "You want me to roll the die?" (as Aaron Teske misses with
three shots in a row)

[War of the Worlds]
Tony Finan: "Not even close....waitaminute, I am!" (after double-
checking the range from his Martians range bands to target)

[Egg McGuffin?]
Scott Field: "The bad news is I have no working systems. The good
news is I don't have to roll thresholds for them."

[War of the Worlds]
David Horning: "This is a game where the Martians have superior
technology but no idea of tactics."
John Lerchey: "I'm not going there."

[Egg McGuffin?]
Scoff Field: "Damn, he's going to miss the asteroid. I really
wanted him to hit it."

Chauncy: "I got a NEW plan!"

[War of the Worlds]
David Raynes: There are twoo many things on this table trying
to reproduce."

[War of the Worlds]
Tony Finan: "He's doing the one-legged Martian Happy Dance!" (referring
to one of his tripods that just had two legs shot off - as interpretted
by two Mobility chits drawn in from a single tank's fire)

SATURDAY, Feb 28
----------------
[WWII In The Dirt - DSII game]
David H: "You don't know what's there, but there could be armored
chipmunks."

[RE: the minis painting contest]
Scoff Field: "The bases are painted better than most of my ships!"

[Stuart's Cinegrunt game]
Martin: (in falsetto, as Victoria) "Darling! Please don't let the
beard throw you!" (talking to Nick, after Victoria refused to let
Nick's character go....with marriage in her eyes....)

[WWII In The Dirt]
John Lerchey?: "Ivan the Invincible!" (referring to his nigh-
immortal Soviet tank group)
After being killed moments later: "Ivan the Almost Invincible!"

[Cinegrunt]
Aaron Teske: "Getting shot in the head was not exactly expected."

[Carnage con Queso]
Adrian: "He got two terminators, and **I** get a little alien
who wants to kill me??"

[Carnage con Queso]
Tomb Barclay: "Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!...I mean, don't shoot Adrian."

[Carnage con Queso]
Mike Hudak: "I didn't even want the 10 points, I just wanted
to kill the news team."

[Carnage con Queso]
Laserlight: "You have a lawyer - you're the natural enemy of all
mankind."

[Carnage con Queso]
Tony Finan: "The sniperbot is more human than the lawyer."

[Carnage con Queso]
John C: "These are Mexican Aliens. They go right through you."

[Carnage con Queso]
Paul J: "If anyone wants to buy a bridge, I'll sell it to you."

[Carnage con Queso]
Unknown: "Seize the cheese! Seize the cheese!"

[Carnage con Queso]
Mike Hudak: "Normally I'd be happy to take second, but I don't know
if I should feel comfortable being equal to [Tom] Barclay."

Carl Sheu: "I got monkey-stomped" (relating the tale of a recent
less-than-victorious FT game)

[FT Pirate game]
Jerry Han: "Nobody threatens Pirate Han, ayyyye!"

[Found Me A Sheep - FMA Sheep game]
John C: "On the one hand, we have unspeakable ancient evil. On the
other, we have the U.N. You tell me: which is easier to control?"

[Found Me A Sheep]
Jon Tuffley: "This Elder God isn't sufficiently enraged, so let's
go poke it with a stick."

[Found Me A Sheep]
John Tuffley: "Range is...do I count to the middle of the eldritch
horror or to the end of its tentacle?"

[Found Me A Sheep]
Indy (looking for the character portraying him): "Where am I?"
Jon Tuffley: "You're the one in roller blades with enormous cleavage."
Indy: I--what?!?"
Mike Hudak: "And Jon's your roommate."
Jon Tuffley: "If he looked like her I don't think I'd worry."

[Found Me A Sheep]
Adrian: "What we need is a nuke to attack Cthulu with."
Laserlight (as Honest Abdul): "Ahh, effendi. What value would you
put on such an item?"
Adrian: "Well, it is pretty valuable." [looks at character sheet] "How
about TomB's soul?"
Laserlight: [blinks]
Lasterlight: "You got it. The nuke is in the mosque..."
..moments later...
Adrian: "Poor TomB"
Jon Tuffley: "He's not going to need it. He's Canadian."

[Found Me A Sheep]
Laserlight: "I hate to tell you this, Indy....actually, I'm not going
to tell you. Jon can tell you."
Jon Tuffley: "You're being groped by a tentacle." (referring to the
roller-blading, gun-toting chick representing Indy who was currently
ensnared by the green spongebob wannabe)

[Found Me A Sheep]
All FMA Sheep players, as the Narn Baa Squad, surround Tom Barclay
menacingly: "BAA! BAA! BAAAA!"
Tomb: Now, I'm not only not associated with this game, but I'm the
innocent victim of a drive-by sheeping."

[Found Me A Sheep]
Tomb: "This must be Jon's way of dealing out a viscous bleating"
(after his character took two stress chits from the strange
baaa-rbaric ritual)

[Found Me A Sheep]
Adrian: "It's a transgender sheep."
Unknown: "Wouldn't that make it a sheepmale?"

FMAS III - THE QUEST FOR THE SOUL OF TOMB BAAA-RCLAY
A.K.A., Zombie Sheep con Queso

Sunday, February 29:
--------------------
[EFSB game]
(Homonculus) Lorenzo: "Aaron [Neuman], based on what Tony told
me about you, I had a lot of respect for you. But now that I've
read this briefing, I know you're just sadistic."

[Battle for Durango DSII game]
Scott Field: "Oh no, not more cows! Oh well, at least they're
not sheep."

[EFSB game]
JP Fiset rolls ten beam dice for 1 point of damage.
Aaron Neuman: "Are you guys REALLY trying?"

[Battle for Durango]
John Lerchey (defender): "Are you shooting my tanks again?" (to Jerry
who just targetted 4xGMS/H's at John's platoon)
Jerry Han: "You shot at me. I feel I have the right to shoot back."

Vince: "DISCLAIMER - no sheep were actually harmed in the making
of these games!"

[Battle for Durango]
Jerry Han (after firing a GMS/L, one of which drew a 'Firer
Systems Down' chit on the previous turn): "Okay, now to draw
3 chits and avoid the dreaded 'Firer Systems Down'" (to which
end he did indeed draw another 'Firer Systems Down' as his
first chit).

[Battle for Durango]
Scott Field (to John L after John's tank failed to fire): "You
only get a 'Firer Systems Down' if you are a Canadian or shooting
at a Canadian."

[FT game]
Scott B: "Turn to your right - NO! Your OTHER right!" (immediately
after an NSL battlegroup got its directions wrong)

Scott B: "Picture if you will...all of Pennsic doing the macarena."
And there are the quotes that were posted on the Quote Board. We hope
you enjoyed reading them as much as we enjoyed recording them for the
embarassment of the vict---I mean, *subjects* whom were quoted.

Mk

Prev: Re: DS II Question Next: graser: the uber weapon