Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: GZG East Coast Convention VII shirts

Re: [FT] The Battle of Zibriske Point, a 40000cpv battle report

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:14:06 -0000
Subject: Re: [FT] The Battle of Zibriske Point, a 40000cpv battle report

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

>If you have (or can get) the designs used by the various fleets in some
>suitable electronic format, I'd be very interested in seeing them.

The easiest way for me to do this would be to email them to you off list
(unless anyone else is interested and doesn't mind wading through 30 or
so
ship designs) as a standard email (thats about the limit of my IT
abilities;-), otherwise I'm only to happy to do so.

>One other question: How did you find the CPV system?

Since I was introduced to it late last year and took it to my group we
have
used it ever since. Before CPV several players just bought a few
behemoths
to battle with the usual results. After a few games with CPV everyone is
now
using more balanced forces. Capitals are on the whole smaller, most now
around 160-200, and escorts are much more in demand. The main result
though
is that since introducing it the games have felt more balanced and more
satisfying. It be a hit in these parts!

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: GZG East Coast Convention VII shirts