Prev: Re: my too-brief GZG-ECC VII visit Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers

Re: After Con Report - ECC VII

From: damosan@c...
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 19:00:52 +0000
Subject: Re: After Con Report - ECC VII

> I've actually been thinking about this issue for the last couple of
days.
> One thing (at least for DSII) might be to give each player far fewer
> units.  I'm thinking like 1-3 platoons per.

Here's an idea adapted from some of PanzerBlitz gaming I did many moons
ago.  The boards in PB are shaped like those in (Advanced) Squad Leader
though the ground scale was different.	Point being that the short edge
of the board represented either a kilometer or a mile.	Don't remember
which offhand.

Using this fact we'd do multi-player games where your units were
assigned an avenue of advance (surprise!  we used the boards
themselves).  You could assist your friends on either side of you but
your units couldn't venture into the other lanes.

Using this idea you could have 4, 6, or 8 players per side all
activating at the same time.  You would have some slowdown occur as
players on one side attempted to help each other throughout the turn...

It might be something to try if you know you are gaming with folks who
are familiar with DS.

--
Damo

Prev: Re: my too-brief GZG-ECC VII visit Next: Re: Fighters and Hangers