Prev: Re: [OT] Re Good riddence?/ Bindings and how to treat them/ Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: [LST] Topic- Insert here Re:

From: damosan@c...
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 16:34:15 +0000

I'm been toying with creating a set of guidelines for playing AWI style
battles using FMA mechanics and 15mm minis.

You would move stands of figures about in formation.  Your formations
would be closed ranks if the bases are touching and in skirmish order if
they are not.  Nothing new there really.

I'm toying with the concept of recording "battle damage" using the
confidence system alone.  Simply because I don't want to start hanging
kill rings on units as the game is played.  I'd rather let the chits do
all the talking.

Instead of rolling damage on a shot the result of the roll (firepower
vs. range) would be used to determine a threat modifier for the target.
The target would make a confidence check with the results applying
immediatly.

Thoughts, comments?  Way off base?

--
Damo