Prev: Re: [GZG] Market share in SE? Next: Re: simple rules for non-gamers

Figs.,qual & price was: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:31:43 +0100
Subject: Figs.,qual & price was: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

----- Original Message -----
From: <agoodall@att.net>
> I have to say that I've been very impressed with the figures I've
purchased from Old Glory, which includes figures from their American
Civil
War 15mm and 25mm lines, their WW1 25mm line, and their samurai 25mm
line.
The castings have been very nice. I never had a problem with any of the
Essex 15mm historicals I purchased, either. In contrast, I remember some
really poor Citadel figures from the late 80s where I had to paint
around
the fact that the mould halves had shifted around the figure's face.

> I have seen some pretty pitiful 15mm historicals, though. I suspect
that
there is so little call for some lines that bad quality slips through. I
think historical players are more forgiving as they often have trouble
finding obscure figure lines. Fantasy miniature manufacturers have more
demand, too, which drives drives up the price and the sales margins.

Plus, for many historical games (basically, 19th century and earlier)
you
need lots of figures for a viable force (a typical DBM Ancients Army is
150 - 300 figures, for example ). Few fantasy/SF games reach such
numbers

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: [GZG] Market share in SE? Next: Re: simple rules for non-gamers