Prev: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: Re: [GZG] Market share in SE?

RE: simple rules for non-gamers

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 17:49:25 +0000
Subject: RE: simple rules for non-gamers

Damo wrote:
> Roll a 6 to hit and kill someone with a rifle or pistol.  5 or 6 to
hit and kill
> someone with an MG.
>
> Close combat was determined by high roll.

Okay, now that I remember it, that _was_ what we used! Only we were
playing with Airfix Napoleonics. Killed on a six, with close combat
determined by dicing off and the high roller won. I ended up winning
even with less figures, because I defended with all my guys and he
attacked me in waves. Afterwards I sat down and thought about why I won
so handily since it was essentially a dice rolling contest. It taught me
the benefit of localized superiority and how a larger force inflicts far
more casualties per time period than a smaller force, lessons that
helped me while gaming ever since.

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: Re: [GZG] Market share in SE?