Prev: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

(FT) Maritime Strike Bombers--was acronym help,please.....

From: "Mark & Staci Drake" <markandstaci@c...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 06:42:27 -0600
Subject: (FT) Maritime Strike Bombers--was acronym help,please.....

Thanks to all for the help on what ER meant--knew I had seen it but just
could not find it in the rules.

Ryan, I love your idea for this;have not played with them yet,though. I
have
been reading a lot on anti-shipping strikes (Nesbit's "Strike Wings" and
"Armed Rovers",Cordesman's modern war study of Iran-Iraq war,Harpoon 3
supplement "Troubled Waters",Polmar's "Guide to Soviet Navy",5th
ed.,"Red
Storm Rising",Sandy Woodward's "One Hundred Days",just to name a
few....)
and want to use these in an FT game. I am going to try out your version
of
it solo  from:

http://lists.firedrake.org/gzg/200105/msg00573.html

It looks like they are similar to a Soviet Backfire or Blinder armed
with
Kelt or Kichen missiles for strike.I am going to read thru that thread
again
as I want to also try them out with shorter range strike package and
have
the bomber itself go in for ship attack (like Falklands Bomb Alley or
the
old Beauforts and B25 Mitchells in WW2.) I remember seeing another
version
of this in that thread,just have to find it.

Thanks,

Mark Drake

PS--anyone recommend any other sources for anti-shipping strike actions?

Prev: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?