Prev: Re: Power Projection: Fleet now in the US. Next: Re: FT losing market share?

Re: FT losing market share?

From: Dom Mooney <cybergoths@d...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:50:13 +0000
Subject: Re: FT losing market share?

On Wednesday, Feb 11, 2004, at 21:31 Europe/London, B Lin wrote:

> If you sell both sets of rules, you end up even money-wise and you
> might have two new players to the game who have already invested in
> the rules.
>
> Lather, rinse, repeat as necessary (just kidding)

Well, I've stuck as much promo lines as I can into PP for FT and the
GZG minis....

Actually, I think a FT-lite would be good, even if it was slightly
crippled (no ship design, no FTL and a limited number of FB ships). In
fact, I reckon that a FT-lite under Fleet book rules with good illos
for the vector movement (I recommend Paul Lesack who did PP) and a
couple of smaller ships from the various forces (or an escort, a light
cruiser, a heavy cruiser and a battlewagon) would be a great
introductory pack. Say this pack had two sides/forces, and 4 or 8 minis
in it in a blister pack too as a starter kit. It'd work for me.

There again, that's exactly the method that I've adopted with Power
Projection. Except for the minis ;-)

Cheers,

Dom

---------cybergoths_at_dsl.pipex.com----------
"But everything is still the same, passing the time,
passing the blame. We carry on in the same old way,
we'll find out we left it too late one day, to say what we
meant to say." The Last Straw / Marillion

Prev: Re: Power Projection: Fleet now in the US. Next: Re: FT losing market share?