Prev: Re: (FT) small vs large ships; OT: Dr. Who Next: Re: [OT] Dr Who and the heretics among us...

[OT] Dr Who and the heretics among us...

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:14:53 -0000
Subject: [OT] Dr Who and the heretics among us...

Beth wrote:

>Don't Worry mate my Daleks are already planning an invasion ;)

Groovy! That'll learn 'em!

Glen wrote:

>Re: Dr. Who.
>I'm also one of those that wonder what the deal is?  I don't care for
>the show, either.  I've watched a few episodes, but there are many
>many other things I'd rather watch or do.

>Daleks?  I should be scared of over-sized tin-plated salt shakers?
>Bring 'em on. :)

I don't know...[shaking head with pained expression on face]...it's only
like the series ran for 25 years, and it is being brought back next
year. No
other sci-fi series has had carnage or genocide to match. (Take the
terminator story line, nuclear war, assassins from the future etc,etc,
all
done in the early 70's with Day of the Daleks!). Where else can you find
the
cream, and the dregs, of Britains acting elite dressed up like as for a
psychedelic pantomine, spouting even the corniest line like it was the
finest Shakesperrean sonnett...

You won't know how to deal with an invasion from any of the following
(and
not all are going to strike from space, but you won't know which is
which
will you!);

Daleks (who have anti-gravity disks as stated, but if those don't work
will
just disintergrate the building you are hiding in),
Cybermen (Borg ripped these guys off),
Ice Warriors (and NASA and the ESA still don't know whats getting their
mars
probes! Sheesh, it was explained 30+ years ago), Sontarrans (you can't
garrotte someone if they don't have a neck),
Draconians (these guys seem to turn up in all sci-fi backgrounds),
or Silurians (don't go into the caves!!!).

And it was educational, if you haven't watched it how are you going to
deal
with a Yeti infestation of your nearest subway? Use your sonic
screwdriver?
How can you if you don't know what a sonic screw driver is! Or know what
do when a strange, large, organic blob drops from the heavens onto your
lawn
and asks if the President is available for a cup of coffee? Call in
UNIT?
No, because you won't know where to find their telephone number, then it
will go badly for you my son...

I don't know, it seems if it doesn't have irritating squeaking kids in
it
isn't considered sci-fi in some parts...*DUCKING at this point*

Regards,

Matt Tope

Prev: Re: (FT) small vs large ships; OT: Dr. Who Next: Re: [OT] Dr Who and the heretics among us...