Prev: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: RE: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS

Re: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 21:43:26 +0000
Subject: Re: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 08:36:44AM +1100, Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:
>> Beth, Bombers as in planetary attack craft? Or heavy anti-ship craft?
>Ahh give my grasp on military names I meant things that bomb... I take
it there's a difference and you can't use something for both?

Depends on how your physics work - but a missile to blow up a planetary
installation doesn't usually need to worry about the target
manoeuvreing, for example, so it can carry a bigger warhead rather than
a more sophisticated seeker.

Similarly, since most FT spacecraft don't enter atmosphere, a craft
designed to take them out won't devote all that mass and design
compromise to streamlining...

Prev: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: RE: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS