Prev: RE: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS Next: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

RE: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 23:57:35 -0500
Subject: RE: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS

At 12:48 PM +1100 2/3/04, <Beth.Fulton@csiro.au> wrote:
>G'day,
>
>>  Does anyone have any preferences thoughts on slightly larger than
>>  fighter sized craft that aren't ships (move like fighters, cost like
>>  fighters, yet are around 2-3 mass vs 1 mass). I'm thinking this is
>>  where the Maritime Strike bombers and SWACs type craft make more
>>  sense. Especially from the standpoint of a small Sensor fit on a
>>  remote craft. Also, what about jammer packages for fighter types
>>  that are dedicated (ala EF111/EA-6s).
>
>I would like to see these "large fighters/very
>small ships" included, but then I'd like to see
>them handled in FT too. Bombers and sensor/ecm
>platforms would be the main things I'd like to
>see.

Well, I see little issue with a basic idea of
small fighter sized craft used for scenarios.
Slower than fighters, they could represent ships
boats, launches, gigs, shuttle pods and more
military craft like Sensor platforms.

I figure a mass 2 craft makes sense for a Sensor
craft that's larger than your typical fighter and
is able to carry large (for it's size) sensors.
Points cost for enhanced or superior sensors,
supposition that they have the same kind of range
as the ships. We've increased the useful range of
the sensors for the purpose of the Fleet game
such that scans are able to see the exterior of
the ship with some basic detail. We have a chart
for such.
Ryan Gill	       rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |		   |	     -==----
      | O--=-  |		   |	    /_8[*]°_\
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)

Prev: RE: Fighter Group Turn around time was: YAFS Next: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion