Prev: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1887 Next: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1887

Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: "Eric Foley" <stiltman@t...>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 10:38:22 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Well, if this were a rule in my custom games I don't think I'd ever
bother fielding a carrier that carried fewer than about 12-15 fighter
groups.

The rules system itself is not the problem, nor has it ever been.  If
you're playing a custom game against someone who wants to pile
on the fighters against you, the answer is to pile on the scatterguns
against them.  On average, it takes two scatterguns (mass 2, cost
10) to wipe out an entire fighter group (mass 9, cost 45).  If you
want to play with the Fleet Book designs, then don't play custom
games with them against people who are going to want to mass
fighters.  They suck in those games.  End of story.  The rules system
itself provides ways to deal with that, and the Fleet Book ships don't
employ them.

Don't change the rules.  Change the ships or the scenario you're
using.

(aka Stilt Man)