Prev: Hijacking the Eric's Full Thrust Ship Creator thread Next: Re: Hijacking the Eric's Full Thrust Ship Creator thread

RE: [FT] Advanced drives and beams

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:08:56 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Advanced drives and beams

>I am experimenting (in a non-tuffleyverse background I hasten to add)
with
advanced drives and beam weapons (cinematic movement). I am limiting
class 3
and 4 beams to 1 arc, class 2 beams to 3 arcs and using class 1 beams as
they come.
>In doing this am I in danger of exploiting any design/weapon/mass loop
holes
which will result in the vessels' I create being uber-nasty or
uber-weak?
>For the record, in the gaming group I belong to we restrict vessels
with
advanced drives to single arc primary weapon systems, hence I am only
using
1 arc class 3 and 4 beams.

If the rest of your group does this, then you'll all be
over/under-priced
together, so it's a wash.  Otherwise, it depends on how much drive
you've
got and what tactics you prefer.
--  With Thrust 6 advanced drives you can turn to face any direction you
want, so a single arc B3 is a lot more viable than it would be with,
say, a
T2 standard drive.
-- If you like to get to knife-fighting range, a single-arc weapon is a
bad
idea.  If you have the speed and inclination to keep your target at long
range, then single arc can work out.

http://mail2web.com/ .