Prev: Re: NAC additions Next: Re: Star Trek using FT

Re: Star Trek using FT

From: <bail9672@b...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:45:26 -0500
Subject: Re: Star Trek using FT

> >As an aside, I was curious how people who use FT to play in the ST
> universe
> >deal with the fact that in ST, ships can manouver and fight while
FTL?

> In fact, in Star Trek, there's almost no combat that ISN'T while
FTL.

I have lots of Star Trek styled SSDs, due to my large collection of ST
miniatures
from SFB and Fasa's ST game.  We do not play in the ST universe so it
hasn't
mattered.  We usually play a lot of one-off games; our campaigns have
never gotten
past the "build your starting fleet" point (last one was limited to
book ships with
some alterations: i.e., removing things for a MT sensor; replacing the
single hangar
bay with real weapons - what's the point of a single hangar bay?).

A lot of ST combat was in normal space, only when someone was fleeing
did
combat go FTL, er, subspace.

Glen

Prev: Re: NAC additions Next: Re: Star Trek using FT