Prev: Re: [FT] Memo to St Jon Next: Re: [FT] Memo to St Jon

Re: [FT] orbital sighting

From: Noam Izenberg <noam.izenberg@j...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 07:17:03 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] orbital sighting

>> --flashes from nukes?
>
> Why not? Biiig flash. Definitely at night, anytime. Daytime it would
> probably go unnoticed (ASSUMING that the general light levels are
> equivalent to that we experience here on Earth). People have seen
> bright things in the daytime sky before (flashes of sun glinting at
> just the right angle off of a plane, really kick-ass meteoroid blazing
> through the upper atmosphere), but in general most people are not
> looking up, and so would likely miss any daytime blasts (unless
> close enough to cause shadows).

I've seen Jupiter with the naked eye in broad daylight at 9600 feet
altitude (WIRO observatory in Wyoming). I knew exactly where to look at
the time, and have not been able to repeat the experience, though. A
nuclear blast at 1000 KM would probably be a visible flash  in the blue
sky, but I don't know about 2-4 point hits with beams or torps. SM
explosions and Plasma bolts might be visible if you knew where the
battle was taking place, depending how much of a flash they make - are
SM's nuclear?.

Big 'n' Mean Zero  (Noam Izenberg  - Don't mess with this Null)

Prev: Re: [FT] Memo to St Jon Next: Re: [FT] Memo to St Jon