Prev: Fleet Composition - What more should I get? Next: Re: this is a first...

Re: this is a first...

From: Jared Hilal <jlhilal@y...>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 14:37:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: this is a first...

--- Alan and Carmel Brain <aebrain@webone.com.au> wrote:
> In Australia, we're in region 4, along with Brazil, Argentina
> etc. I'm sure there's some logic there, but I don't know what
> it is.

The regions are a combination of factors.  The two primary ones are
language(s) and video standards.

Region 1 (US, Canada, Mexico) use NTSC video signal and have English,
French and Spanish on most discs.

UK uses (I think) PAL video.

I think Japan has a seperate (3rd) video standard.

I am not sure about continental europe, SA, Australia, NZ, etc.

Prev: Fleet Composition - What more should I get? Next: Re: this is a first...