Prev: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: Re: this is a first...

Re: [Traveller_FullThrust] Power Projection:Fleet (Long)

From: "Neil McGurk" <Nellkyn@n...>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 07:20:49 -0000
Subject: Re: [Traveller_FullThrust] Power Projection:Fleet (Long)

----- Original Message -----

> Hi Neil,
>
> Thanks for this.

Your welcome.

> Do you mind if I use this for JTAS?

Not at all. If you do, please correct my mistakes. :-)

> On Monday, December 15, 2003, at 10:07 PM, Neil McGurk wrote:

<Snip>

> > The vector movement system section is next. This looks to be very
> > similar to the section presented in PP:E, and I would have
> > expected the authors to have made changes in light of the
publication
> > of PP:E. (7pp)
>
> How so? The PP:E rules work...

My bad. If fact this section is the same but now adds the effects of
gravity, carried vessels and the movement of sand clouds, planets and
fighters. I should have had a closer look before I started writing.

<Snip>

> > The ship conversion rules are aimed at ships originally designed
> > with the second edition of High Guard. Due to similarities,
> > MegaTraveller and Traveller 20 ships are also easily converted.
> > Ships designed with Traveller: The Next Era and Gurps: Traveller
> > would require more (guess)work. (4pp)
>
> T4 should also be convertible as there are some T4 to HG conversions
> or vice versa on the web.

The introduction to the Ship Conversion section doesn't mention T4. I
didn't notice myself until it was mentioned here.

<Snip>

Have a banana,

Neil

Prev: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners Next: Re: this is a first...